Every woman's figure is unique and beautiful. You may have noticed that there are many body types women have owned. While there are many body types, we are going to discuss the main 5 body types women got and identify your body type. When it comes to fashion, it is essential to be aware of your body type when choosing the right dress or the outfit. Apart from the main categories that we are about to discuss today, there might be hybrid body shapes.
Banana Body Types Women
This is the most common body type in most popular European countries. Also, this body shape has been known as a rectangle and straight as well. If you have the same measurement on your waist, hip, and the bust, it is generally called a ‘banana' or the rectangle body type, and it doesn't show too much curve.
Fashion tips for Banana body types women
- Look for dresses and outfits that show the curves of the upper half and the hips
- Wrap tops and scoop neck tops will get you a new look every time you wear them
- Off shoulders, boat-neck tops, wide V, or U necks will be more suitable
- Outfits that have belts around the waists will help you to get a curvy look
- Ruffled, flowing, and styled tops or skirts can bring a curvy look to your figure
Pear Body Types Women
When you have larger hips than your bust with a well-shaped waist, you probably have a pear body type. Pear body type generally has slim arms and shoulders with a refined neck. Women who have pear body shapes have a nice and elegant waist that allows them to choose trendy fashion choices that show off their waist.
Fashion tips for Pear body types women
- Tops with fitted waist will allow you to bring out a smooth figure through your outfit choices
- Wide necks and tops with off the shoulder will also be more suitable
- Outfits with embroidered or floral fabrics around can make your elegant wait looks more attractive
- Choose dresses with a nipped-in waist to give your shoulders a broader look
- Jackets and blazers with structured shoulders will bring you a more professional and elegant figure
Spoon Body Types Women
When someone has a larger hip than the bust with a defined waist, it's generally called a spoon body shape. These body types have a nice hip with a shelf appearance. Also, there is a probability of gaining weight around the tummy area and love-handles. The defined waist of the women who have spoon body types can be an asset when it comes to picking trending outfits.
Fashion tips for Spoon body types women
- Empire waists, off the shoulder, wrap style tops, and boat-neck tops will suit better for spoon body types women
- Choosing dresses/tops that doesn't add much volume for the belly area will bring a nice look to the figure
- Avoid bottoms/denim that filled with pockets
- Skirts and Mini skirts are a big YES for spoon body types women!
- Choose tops that have lighter embroidered or floral patterns, especially around the busts area. They will help you to visually balance your figure
Hourglass Body Types Women
Body types that have well-balanced hips and busts are generally called hourglass body types. These body type women have well-shaped shoulders that well-aligned hips. Most hourglass body types of women have well-shaped bottoms with elegant sides that can be shown off with unique outfits. Hourglass body type is generally all about the balance.
Fashion tips for Hourglass body types women
- Belted or fitted waist tops can help you to show off your well-balanced figure
- Fitted dresses, tops, and bottoms are a big YES for hourglass body types women
- Wrap style tops and dresses are also suitable to enhance the balanced figure
- Skinny jeans are specifically made for you! You won't have to rethink when buying skinny jeans
- Dresses with balanced ruffles will be a good fit, but you have to be very careful not to pick overly ruffled outfits
Inverted Triangle Body Types Women
Inverted triangle body types women have proportionally larger shoulders and an upper body than the hips. Most women generally have ample busts with slim hips and may have slim bottoms. You have a probability of gaining weight around the upper body area. Your key assets are ample busts and well-shaped legs.
Fashion tips for Inverted Triangle body types of women
- Choose outfits that help you balance the body structure
- V-necks and designs with wrap styles can bring out the curves of the hips
- Darker Shawl collared tops with a light color underneath is also can be a good choice when choosing a top
- Wide, pocketed pants and maxi dresses are specifically made for you! Go for it!
- Knee-length wide skirts will help you to balance your bottom with the upper body
If you are still confused about what your body type is, check out the video below and it will help you to determine what type of body you have got.
Figuring out your body type helps you to choose the perfect outfit for your special occasions. It will allow you to explore more suitable trends to bring you an elegant look. But this doesn't mean that you have to avoid certain outfits. Yet, you will know which ones are more suitable for your body type. While it's essential to know your body type to wear the most suitable outfit, you can wear sarees without worrying about what type of body type you have own. feel free to check out our post about a wide collection of silk sarees that you can choose to wear for your occasions here.